Cecil College's Acceptable Use Policy
YOU ARE ABOUT TO ACCESS A CECIL COLLEGE COMPUTER AND OR COMPUTER NETWORK THAT IS INTENDED FOR AUTHORIZED USERS ONLY. YOU SHOULD HAVE NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY IN YOUR USE OF THIS NETWORK. USE OF THIS NETWORK CONSTITUTES CONSENT TO MONITORING, RETRIEVAL AND DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION STORED WITHIN THE COMPUTER OR NETWORK FOR ANY PURPOSE INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION
Use of the Cecil College computer systems is contingent upon the following rules:
- You may not attempt to access or modify any data or programs unless you have been granted permission.
- You may not make unauthorized copies of any copyrighted software for
- You may not engage in any activity which: harasses other users; makes personal profit or conducts personal business; participate in gambling activity; endangers lives or livelihoods; accesses or distribute poronographic material; or engages in criminal activity.
- You may not download, install, or run any program from the Internet without approval of your instructor or a network administrator.
- You may not install or run any software, which is not supplied or authorized by
- You may not run password tracking, password cracking, or virus generating programs for any reason.
- You may not install or run any streaming video, or live audio programs from the Internet without the specific approval of your instructor or a network administrator.
Electronic mail (Email) services are provided for students, faculty and staff and should not be used for fraudulent harrassing, or obscene purposes.
Unauthorized or illegal use of a Cecil College computing asset will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary action or criminal prosecution or both.